Quantitative Research Intern- TICKMILL
- Job ID 1388
- Salary competitive
- Career Level Student
- Experience 1 Year
- Industry Analysts – Big Data
- Qualifications ( Minimum Requirement) Associate’s Degree
- Remote work No
Quantitative Research Intern
Quantitative Research Intern · Limassol, Limassol
Are you looking for the next professional opportunity, that will advance your career? Join our team now!
Who we Are?
Tickmill is a global group of companies, offering trading services with a prime focus on Futures, Options and CFDs on Forex, Stock Indices, Commodities and Bonds. Regulated in the United Kingdom by the FCA, in Cyprus by CySEC, in the Seychelles by the FSA, in Labuan by the Labuan FSA and the FSCA in South Africa, we provide first-class products and services, catering to the needs of the most sophisticated retail and institutional clients around the world.
We take pride in being one of the fastest-growing brokers in the world processing monthly more than 9 million client trades, while our monthly average trading volume is over $140 billion.
Our multilingual staff consist of highly qualified experts from all Continents. We value the talent and input of our team members and keep their motivation at the heart of our strategy. This includes highly competitive motivation packages, work-related travelling, and regular team events around the world.
How your job would look like:
We are seeking Quantitative Research Interns with strong quantitative and programming skills to join our Quant Research Team and contribute in the day-to-day activities. Our ten (10) week internship program provides undergraduate and graduate students with challenging and meaningful opportunities to learn about quantitative finance and asset management. You will be assigned a challenging research project that involves the application of innovative mathematical and computational analysis.
Our research interns work alongside our quantitative researchers and assist with the development of systematic trading and investment strategies. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems. Using rigorous scientific methods you would be expected to extract meaningful predictive signals from time-series data and use them to predict future.
Your project will give you the opportunity to work in the machine learning space, optimization and algorithmic trading. For the duration of the project you will collaborate with the Quant Researchers & Developers and they will act as your mentor. By the end of the project you will receive structured feedback that will help you to improve and develop yourself.
What we are looking for:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD in Physics, Maths, Engineering , Computer Science or other quantitative discipline..
- Applied Experience in one of the following programming languages (Python/R/Matlab/C++).
- Knowledge of Pandas, Numpy, SciPy, ScikitLearn and Matplotlib (or equivalent packages in other programming languages).
- An interest in working with large data sets, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP) or Optimisation algorithms.
- Skills in mathematical methods and modelling.
- Previous Experience in Finance is not required, although an interest about financial markets is highly desirable.
By joining us, you can expect:
- A Unique Opportunity for a career in a global, fast-growing company.
- Attractive remuneration package based on qualifications and experience (including 13th salary and Discretionary Bonuses to reward exceptional performance).
- Opportunities to learn and grow through our “Employee Training & Development program”.
- A great chance to focus on your Health and Wellness through a Free Gym membership (Sanctum Spa & Fitness @Limassol Marina) and Medical Insurance Cover, which includes Outpatient, inpatient, and Dental Care.
- Multiple events to bond with the team and the group through Quarterly/Semestrial Team Activities for all the Company.
- Participation in our welfare investment and savings plan through our Provident Fund Scheme.
- Working Hours 09:00-18:00 (1 hr. lunch break) from Monday – Friday.
We are TICKMILL
YOUR SUCCESS STARTS HERE
Find out what is like to work for a dynamic and fast-growing business
Why work with us?
With offices in London, Tallinn, Limassol and the rest of the world, the Tickmill Group represents an exciting opportunity to pursue your career aspirations and develop professionally in a fast-paced and challenging sector.
So, whether you are just beginning your career journey or have years of experience under your belt, we offer a dynamic and supportive work environment along with a comprehensive set of benefits that enable you to thrive and excel in your area of expertise.
Our Recruitment Process
- APPLY – Send us your CV to be reviewed by our team. If your profile is relevant to the position, we will contact you.
- INTERVIEW – We will then invite you to an interview to learn more about you and your personality.
- ASSESSMENT – Depending on the role, you may be asked to complete a task and come for a 2nd Interview to finalise our assessment.
- OFFER – We will make an offer to the candidate that best fits the open position.
- May 23, 2022
Business Analyst- TICKMILL Full time
Tickmill is looking for a Business Analyst to join our rapidly expanding Product team. The successful candidate will be responsible for enhancing the quality of our software products and services and have the opportunity to work with the latest business trends and industry practices in mind.